Blog is short for weblog (weBLOG).
Check here to see the latest information about my site (and, occasionally, about my life in general).
It isn't a conventional blog—it just lets you know what I'm currently working on!
Saturday, May 4, 2019
I want to keep track of this: Newborn Cues Narrated: What is your baby trying to tell you?. Wish I had seen this a long time ago! It's very well done!

These days, I take care of Alex three times per week—twice up at her house, and once here at Pebble. I'm loving loving loving being a nearby Grandma! We just got a zoo pass, so on my days up there, we visit both Reid Park (ducks, swing) and Reid Park Zoo!

I hope to get a small shaded play area constructed at Pebble, so we can swing and play outside year-round. Landscape Structures has precisely the quality that I'm looking for.

Well, here's a big indication of how busy I've been with Alex—I hadn't updated my monthly stats since December! I've caught up and updated my monthly stats for January through April of 2019.

Some more videos I want to keep track of:

Loading crossword puzzle . One moment please.

Thursday, February 7, 2019
Ray's first wife's Dad recently died: Marshall Jones. I knew him for the past eight years to be a kind, gentle, man, and a wonderful Grandpa to his grandchildren.

My former husband's mother, who we called ‘Billie’ and Julia called ‘GrandBill’, also passed away recently, after a long life of 95 years: Wilhelmina Fisher. The great-grandchild is Julia's daughter, Alex!!

Wednesday, January 30, 2019
This is a great paper-pieced quilt tutorial. I want to keep track of it!

I finished our Burns Family Food Staples list—things I always have on hand in our kitchen.

I want to keep track of these lyrics to "Good Morning Merry Sunshine", since I like to sing this to Alex when she wakes up in the morning! I've looked at many different versions, and did a bit of picking-and-choosing to come up with these:


Good morning, merry sunshine,
How did you wake so soon?
You chased the little stars away,
And shone away the moon!

I saw you go to sleep last night
Before I ceased my play.
How did you get back overhead
To shine on me today?

I did not go to sleep, dear child,
I just went round to see
The little children of the world
Who watch and wait for me.

I shine upon the little birds
And flowers on my way,
And then I come back overhead
to shine on you today.

Also, we like to sing "Rubber Duckie" to Alex when she takes a bath! Again, I did a bit of picking-and-choosing to get closest to what I remember:


Rubber duckie you're the one
You make bath time lots of fun
Rubber duckie I'm awfully fond of you
Do do dee do

Rubber duckie joy of joys
When I squeeze you, you make noise
Rubber duckie you're my very best friend it's true

Every day when I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fellow who's cute and yellow and chubby

Rubber duckie, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of
Rubber duckie, I'd like a whole pond of
Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you!

Sunday, January 20, 2019
I started the web exercises for my Polar Coordinates section months ago. Then, pre-Alex preparations, Thanksgiving, Christmas (and the annual letter), Alex's birth and helping out, Marybelle's visit ... all slowed progress considerably. Also, it's a really long section, so there are lots of exercises. Finally, finally, finally, I've finished the web exercises for this section! I'm so glad to be able to move on!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019
I want to keep track of this simple recipe for biscuits. I did them both in the air fryer and in my cast iron pan in the oven. Both were delicious! Good way to use up my self-rising flour and Saco pantry cultured buttermilk blend.

Monday, January 7, 2019
I updated my monthly stats for December and all of 2018, and I archived my blog for 2018. It has been soooo busy with Alex, that this is the first post since she was born!! I've never known that busy could be so happy!

Saturday, December 8, 2018
Alexandra Lucia Fisher Rubio was born to Julia and Antonio at 5:36 PM, weighing 7 lb 4 oz!! Carol, Ray, Bethany, Joshua, and Pat Rubio (Antonio's mother) were all in the waiting room at Tucson Medical Center when Alex arrived!

Blog Archive, 2018
Blog Archive, 2017
Blog Archive, 2016
Blog Archive, 2015
Blog Archive, 2014
Blog Archive, 2013
Blog Archive, 2012
Blog Archive, 2011
Blog Archive, 2010
Blog Archive, 2009
Blog Archive, 2008
Blog Archive, 2007
Blog Archive, 2006
Blog Archive, 2005